
The girls are waiting for Daddy to get home.



Daddy arrives with the flowers.

Daddy and his girls!

The homeschool choir sang a couple of songs and Devin, Sarah, Hannah and Mackenzie played the violin.


Here is Anna and some of her friends.
Holly, Margaret, Shanda, Anna, Martha, Sarah and Danielle

Ashley, Kara, Kaitlyn, Martha and Anna

Ben is part of the choir, so he got all dressed up too!
Last night was our homeschool group's annual Father/Daughter banquet. The girls look forward to this all year and it truly is a blessed evening when they can spend special time with Daddy. Scott likes to come to the front door and ring the doorbell and when the girls come to the door, he usually has flowers (sometimes chocolate ones:) and then he whisks them off in his carriage(a chevy) and they arrive at the great church hall where they have a lovely picture made and sit down to dinner and listen to the fine entertainment. The past couple of years they have played a game later in the banquet and this year there were even a few door prizes.
I am thankful to God for allowing us to have 2 precious daughters and be part of a group that values children. I had a good time last night as well working with the moms who were there to help make the night special. Many hours of planning, buying, decorating and cleaning go into making this such a great time. For many years., I would just send the girl or girls off with their Dad and did not really realize how much work it took to pull off a banquet like this. With Mom's help, I have been able to help plan and organize this event and it has been fun AND exhausting at the same time. I realize how much my girls enjoy and will remember these type events for the rest of their lives, so it is definitely worth any effort. Tammy's words about the banquet were so much more eloquent than mine, but I do want to give God all the praise and glory for the way the banquet turned out because without Him, I would certainly not be interested in something like this or in spending time with my children or even staying married. I would continue in a self absorbed, self indulgent lifestyle that would eventually lead to heartache for all concerned. Only by His working in my life, are posts like this possible and I am so thankful to His mercy and undeserved love that are reflected in His ordering of my life. Thank you Heavenly Father for the opportunities to live for you each day and forgive me for always straying away from the path. Thank you for your restraining love and I acknowledge my constant dependence on You and constant need to meditate on Your renewing Words of life.
I love seeing all the pics! Thank you so much for all the work and love you poured into this special night for our girls and their fathers. Your words are a great reminder and challenge to me, Amy! So thankful for you :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful girls and a special time with daddy. It is a unique blessing to be around people who see children as a blessing and not a burden.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kimberly
Hmmm...I seem to remember you telling me last year or was it the year before NOT to let you organize the F/D banquet again. So glad you did, though! Jeff, the girls and Aaron thought it was very good. Kaelan especially enjoyed winning a door prize and has shared it with some of the rest of us! If we could just get the dads to organize a mother/son event...nah...we have that every day, don't we?
ReplyDelete