Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 - review in pictures (trips)

I have forgotten how to move pics, so these are not in order! This is December 2011 on a hike at Tishomingo State Park.

Inside our cabin.............loved the fireplace!





We saw several beautiful waterfalls.



This is part of our trip to the Creation Museum - February 2011








Several of the passages were tight and low...not for the claustrophobic at heart!








Going down, down , down deep into the heart of Mammouth Cave.....











Creation Museum was fantastic!















Who knew the Creation Museum had live animals!














Ride 'em Jay!




April 2011 On our Washington tour - Capitol Building in the background. We had a behind the scenes tour of the Capitol and it was one of the highlights of our trip!!
We got to go onto the Senate floor and see many sights that tourists normally don't get to see like a bathtub built in the 1800s and the "chute" that is used on inaguration day that the President walks down to give his speech on the front of the Capitol.




The Clampetts, um, I mean the Blassingames, in front of the White House!




The Library of Congress- It was a beautiful building and we did not find any National Treasure!





On the mall - the Smithsonian Castle is in the background.





Lincoln Memorial






Disney - September 2011







Our favorite ride at Disney was Splash Mountain. We even got Mama Sue to ride!




Getting ready to go into the Magic Kingdom!





This was on our hike at Tishomingo State Park. Beautiful scenery and a cozy cabin made for a most enjoyable time. December 2011





Well, since I practically flooded my blog with posts all year long, I am not sure why I feel the need to review the year with pictures :), but here goes! We have had a very busy , but very blessed year. Some travel highlights include our trip to the Creation Museum in late February, our trip to Washington , D.C. in April, and our trip to Disney in September. We ended the year with a fun family time in a cabin in the hills! As you can see, we love to travel and I hope that my children will remember our many excursions with fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment