Monday, February 16, 2009

Thankful heart

Reflecting back over the weekend, I remember on Saturday night as we were all gathered around the "fancy eatin' table" as Jethro called it, looking at the faces of my precious hubby and 4 children, I was overwhelmed with a deep sense of gratitude to God. What a precious gift to be put in a loving family. I am so glad God allowed me to be a wife and mom and how truly satisfying it is.
Saturday morning Scott took all the kids to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and let me sleep late in a super quiet house!! It was wonderful and I drifted in and out of dreamland until almost 10 o'clock (obscene, isn't it?!?!?). We piddled around the farm in the afternoon and Ben and I cooked a candlelight suppa (Hyacinth Bucket fans) for the family. It was delightful.

Sunday was a great time of worship and teaching at church and Sun. afternoon we had two precious families from our church over for supper. We had a special time of fellowship and singing and talking about God.
Today, my sister Cathy and her grandson Bailey are here and we have had a good day visiting with them. Mom and Dad came down for lunch also. I am so thankful they are still well enough to travel and get about. We are about to head out to an old country store in Jug Fork. We got Coca-colas and Sprite in a bottle and some junk food. Here are some pics.
Bailey and Claire in front of Anderson's Gro.
Scott takes the kids here quite often and they LOVE it- lots of junk food.
Scott used to ride his horse up to a store very similar to this when he was a little boy and I think that is why he loves this place so much.
This store has everything you could ever need - from oil filters to oreos!
Some of the merchandise is 60 years old! There are concrete floors and concrete block walls.

Anna posing.

Jay loves the coca-cola in the bottle. There are always a group of men sitting around talking.
There were 4 of them in there today.
Claire, Ben, Bailey and Amy
They have bologna and hoop cheese that you cut yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment