Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Overwhelmed but Hopeful

I have been a little stressed out this week. I just cannot seem to get it all together. I have been feeling inadequate, frankly. Well, tonight's sermon by Chuck Baggett really hit my nail on the head. I AM inadequate and I need to feel humbled by that thought as I turn then to the ONE who is adequate and run to Him. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering why I do not seem to get even a little of what I want to get done, actually done. I just could not do anything but call out to God for help. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift in His Son. Oh Jesus accomplished it all perfectly, and we need to have humble and contrite hearts and turn to Him.
I definitely feel needy for Him and I am thankful to Him to be at that point. I pray He will use this time to mold me into more of His likeness.
I am so thankful for His kindness to me and His mercy which is so undeserved by me. What a glorious God!
I am thankful for words of challenge and encouragement from His word that never leaves us as we are!
Our memory verse this week for school is Philippians 1:6. "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Thank you Lord for not leaving us as we are. We are adequate in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy. I recognize that feeling clearly!
    I've blamed it on my age. I used to have all my ducks in a row, and now I can't seem to even find my ducks! lol I feel like the wheels are spinnin' but I don't seem to be going anywhere. But yes, you are right, in ourselves, we're just a big zero with the rim rubbed out! But we are adequate in Jesus, and for that, I'm more thankful these days than I've ever been before. God Bless You Dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO way we can do all we set out to do, except through God's leading. However, I know you and I know me.....we try to do so much in one day that it quickly gets to us. Eliminate the unnecessary!! Freedom!

    ReplyDelete