One of the first homes we toured was Longwood. It was a huge home started just 18 months before the civil war started
This is Stanton Hall in downtown Natchez. This was a beautiful home where the mini series North and South was filmed.
Longwood was the favorite of all the homes we toured this year! Mom loved Natchez and so we plan to go back next year. We look forward to touring some of the other homes next year.
I am so thankful to our Great God for such a great relationship with my Mom, Sister and oldest daughter. We had such a fun trip talking, laughing, remembering old times and acting silly. Mom would sometimes lose patience with Cathy and I and our schemes :) Ask Anna about the fan signals.
The first thing we did after we arrived in Natchez was to promptly check OUT of our first bed and breakfast. I chose it based on the looks from the outside. It was a huge, gorgeous mansion! BUT, unfortunately, when we saw our room, we were disappointed. We found a few dead bugs and one favored a BED BUG! We were mortified and as Mom lay down to rest a bit we headed down to see if they would let us cancel our reservation. Surprisingly they did and we scurried to find another place. I took a chance and called the nicest B&B in Natchez and they had 2 deluxe suites available. But OH, the rates were sky high. Then he said that if we came in right away he would give us the walk in rate which was only a tad higher than the roach motel, so we jumped on the chance. Monmouth was soooo nice and the owners were very sweet as well. The wife, Lani, is a Christian and was so cordial and welcoming. We will probably stay here in the future!
My next few posts will be in backwards order. I am going to start with the most recent and go back awhile. I hope to post about our end of the year party with coop, Spartan get together, ornament making get together with the Chamblees, making gifts for the neighbors and of course, Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment