My children love to spend time at their house in Jackson. They have officially moved to Starkville now but they have not sold their house in Jackson so we all congregated there this weekend for the wedding.
We have had a wild weekend! We went down Friday to the Jackson area for a rehersal dinner for my nephew, Joseph and his lovely bride, Lauren. Anna went down with the Chunns because the Spartans were running in a XC meet in Clinton on Saturday. Anyway, I'll post on all that later...
For today,
Happy 10th birthday to Benjamin Scott Blassingame!
I simply cannot believe that it has been 10 years since that sweet day when I first saw his face and my empty arms were filled with another blessing from God. You see, between Anna and Ben, I lost 2 babies - one at 9 months and one at 9 weeks. It was a tough 4 years. I truly thought I may not be able to have any more children. After the loss of Jacob and Grace, I had a tough time getting pregnant. My doctor did some tests and my hormone levels were super low and he told me to come in and he would try me on fertility drugs. Before I could get there, I did a pregnancy test, since I was a few days late, and I was pregnant! My doctor had said there was no way to become pregnant with such low levels and when I called him , he said something like," God did not need your progesterone levels to be high enough!"
Anyway, I believe Ben was a miracle baby, as they all are really... and I remember that wonderful day 10 years ago when instead of stillness and quiet when a baby was born , the room was filled with crying and a wiggly 8 pound 5ounce boy! What a awesome day it was to be able to hold a baby again and leave the hospital with him in my arms. God has blessed us tremendously with Ben's life and I pray for him as I do my other children , that God will draw them early to Himself. And that He will reveal Himself and His glorious beauty and love to their hearts and that their lives will bring Him much glory!
How precious, Amy. Happy Birthday, Ben!
ReplyDelete