Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Anna's Birthday

We had a great time yesterday celebrating Anna's birthday with some of her friends!
The day started at cross country practice where Anna and a few of her friends ran for about an hour(some more distance than others :) and did strengthening exercises and basically sweated a great deal! Then we went to our church for a Bible study where the girls took up a whole row and Scott D. did a good job engaging them in what he was discussing. After that we all loaded up in three cars and had a delicious lunch at Vainisi's cafe in downtown New Albany. After returning to Saltillo, we headed to our neighbor's to swim. We wrapped up the day back at our house with cake and ice cream and the girls played a game and just enjoyed being together.
I am thankful that God has blessed Anna Beth with friends (several of whom seem to be sincerely seeking to know Him) and I pray that He will draw them all into a closer relationship with Him and will reveal Himself to them as they seek Him with their whole hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Please tell Anna Beth we said happy birthday!! I know it was a very special day for her!!
    We love Vainisi's, too!!
    Glad you guys are having a fun summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry we missed Anna Beth's birthday. Hannah remembered when it was too late! She was greatly lamenting.
    I went petitioning with Christy Riley last night at the Pontotoc county fair so we missed the service at church. You'll have to tell me what the sermon was about. I do so love Scott Duley's preaching. Jesus said a student will be like his teacher and he sure does have that hot zeal for Christ in his preaching like John Snyder. I am always stirred to grow even closer to Christ & lay aside every weight that so easily entangles after a S.D. sermon.

    I really did enjoy the petitioning. Anyone up for some 'feet to the pavement' saving of the unborn this cool weekend at the Pontotoc county fair?
    I'm supposed to bring a couple lambs for the petting zoo. They are also giving away white rabbits & roosters either Fri. or Sat. night. All your child has to do is catch them in the arena.
    Heather Brandon

    ReplyDelete